Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Is It Ever Too Early To Party Plan?...

Apparently NOT. And according to my child, not only do we discuss our 6th birthday plans daily (which isn't until the end of May by the way) but also themes for her 7th, 8th, 9th....you get the point.  I do have to say she comes by it naturally though and it's not like I actually mind searching for ideas and themes. However, if it's ever crossed your mind that the glitter, centerpieces, and skittle sorting (a handful of you know what I'm talking about) is ALL about me...well just ask the budding party planner that resides in my home!  As discussions and pinning for the 6th birthday party begin, I'm reminiscing past parties and some of my faves.  This keepsake from last year has to be my all time favorite.


It was so simple and she just LOVES to tell me about everyone's hand print from her party. I started with a giant blank canvas, drew the cake, painted the background including the cake, and painted the letters.  (pre-party of course!)

I painted the party go-ers hands with acrylic paint and pressed them on. After some quick drying, they signed their hand with a black sharpie. And the cake topper...well...5 candles from the birthday girl's 5 fingers of course.
Voila. A fabulous party keepsake and instant room decor.  Just love. Now what am I is she are we going to do this year? haha.

No comments: