Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Yum Yum!!!

Just a quick drop in to share a little food love.  It's no secret I'm slightly obsessed with pinterest...well I attempted to cook/make a handful of pinterest inspired yummies over the holiday.  Here's one I'd like to share...
Cinnamon French Toast Bake!
Ok, obviously it's not my picture because I actually didn't take a picture of the one that I baked but you get the idea. With us leaving the house by 7:00am in the mornings, I don't get the chance to try recipes for breakfast during the week. By the time the weekend arrives, we are so exhausted that we sleep too late to have a filling breakfast! Christmas break was the perfect opportunity to try something new.

It was very easy to make (using a can of Pillsbury cinnamon rolls!). Oooohh I also got to use a brand new bottle of wonderful natural vanilla that one of my fabulous friends gave me for Christmas! Mmmmm....I actually left out the pecans though because the king of the castle isn't a fan.

Here's the verdict on this one:
The King - He thought it was OK. (Y'all if he ever said wonderful, delicious, awesome, or anything other than "pretty good" I would just die!) Wasn't a fan of the egg addition. Don't forget though this is a cinnamon french toast bake.

Me: I enjoyed it! Warm, sweet, cinnamon, easy to make. What's not to like?

Lil C: Here's where this becomes blog worthy...ATE THE REST OF THE PAN for the following 3 days!! Absolutely loved it.

I will definitely be making this again and recommend that you try it too. Haha!! Use the link below for the recipe. And don't forget to let me know what you think. Happy baking!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Looks YUMMY! I'll be skipping out on the pecans as well!