Monday, January 30, 2012

Proud Parents...

Today was parent conference day at our elementary school.  Not only did I have 18 parent conferences of my own, but for the first year I was able to attend my own kindergarten cutie's parent/teacher conference.  Of course I didn't go alone. The king of the castle scooted over between calculus and basketball so that we could meet with her teacher together.  We are so proud of our girl. She's becoming such a wonderful reader and writer. We are also blessed with a wonderful kindergarten teacher that's a great fit for what she needs.

One of my favorite things to do is read the stories that she writes.  She recently brought home what has to be my all time favorite story. On the eve of this second round of falcon district basketball, it seems so fitting to share. The prompt was to write about your favorite game.
For those that don't read "kid"...it says: "I like basketball. I can dribble with one hand. I practice at my dad's gym. I can dribble from one black line to the other."
As you can imagine, I'm not the only one who's a fan of the story...someone else in this house framed it onto the wall. Way to go Lil' C and let's go Falcon Hoops. Beat Ferris.

No comments: